Once a year Gem Faire magically rolls through town. I LOVE rocks and minerals..... and I kind of get a little fan-girl (can you be a fan-girl of inanimate objects??) gem-crazy on the days leading up to the big event. I literally had trouble sleeping last night because I was so excited! So yeah, I'm a huge rock-nerd. Sue me. Anyway, I thought I'd sport my "gemstone" ring I got from H&M for my trip out - I answered SO many questions about this ring from vendors, apparently it looks VERY realistic. I guess there was a vendor who sold basically the exact same thing (but..you know...not plastic) for about $500~. The whole event was full of people passionate about gems and it was so interesting to see the huge variety of people who attended. Seriously, the age range was probably 6-60! All in all, I had a blast.
This picture and the one below are from a lovely vendor who graciously let us take a couple of photos.... It's quite weird. Every other time I've been (granted, at different locations) there had been no problem with photography but this year they were very sensitive about it. I was sure to ask before I snapped any photos, but after being declined so many times I just decided it best to stash away my camera and just enjoy the faire.
This is the purchase I am most excited about - I believe it's some sort of amethyst stalagmite mixture, I'll have to do some more research into how it's formed. I was so excited I forgot to grab the little identification card that came with it. It's so peculiar!
I was also very happy to leave with a wonderful assortment of natural bead strands to use in some jewelry-making! I have very high hopes for these little guys - I've dabbled with beading before but from partial lack of inspiring materials and motivation, nothing really became of it... not this time though, it's time to do things right!
Sébastien was so curious!
I also picked up these beautiful earrings (for a whopping 60% off!! This is why I love these things...such good deals!) and also this creepy/cool arm pendant that should make for an interesting necklace!
Obviously amused....
Hopefully I'll have some interesting things to show for these beauties soon!
Until next time,
xo
Hello girl!I love your blog! You had also a youtube channel, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteBecause we share the same love-addiction to kitties, i have something for you;P
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hGc7nL6zV_c/Tb8LrSfpqTI/AAAAAAAAAQw/iUtgo4unzO0/s1600/cat-poppy.blogspot.jpg
Maow,
Poppy.
Do you have any cards/names of vendors for jewelry? I'd love to check them out.
ReplyDelete