Tuesday, August 16, 2011

on the waterfront

 Yesterday was another beautiful day in Portland. The summer is finally taking a turn for the better - it's my last week of classes before I start my break before fall term! So exciting!! I can't wait to actually be able to go  out and DO things in the afternoon - there a trails to be hiked and beaches to be lounged about at :) Another exciting thing, I've finally gotten around to getting an iPhone. It's a 3GS and I'm still trying to get the hang of it, but I have to say I'm a fan so far. I can't wait until my adorable case for it comes in the mail. If you have any favorite "apps" that I should get, tell me!


Sébastien loves the sun, and spends most of his days lounging around on my windowsill.


What a little ham!


Anyway, Ryan and I decided to take an evening walk before dinner, so I slathered on some SPF70 ( I am pale as a ghost!!) and we scooted on down to the waterfront. It was so warm and comfortable, with a slight breeze. There were tons of people around, and the dragon boat teams were all out practicing. We also happened upon a japanese restaurant that I can't wait to try out!


Bag- Fjallraven Kanken/ glasses- ebay/ shoes- Macy's/ dress- gift - no tags/ necklace- made by me!Lipstick-Revlon Orange Flip (my new favorite at the moment)


The other day my friend Corbin and I got together and started to make some jewelry with some of the pieces we picked up from the gem faire. This necklace is the first thing I made, and I'm very happy with how it turned out! I'll put up another post to show what else I made that day...I forgot how satisfying it is to wear something you've made yourself. 




un petit video 3 from Allison Berg on Vimeo.
xo

3 comments:

  1. what colour is your kanken, is it the putty colour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress, gorgeous! And your cat is adorable =)
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete